Our teacher and Secondary Sciences Coordinator, Beatriz Bacaicoa, brings us 5 keys for students to prepare for the EvAU in the best possible way.
- Organize your study time according to your needs and subjects: create a work plan.
- Use the study techniques that best suit each moment: develop mind maps, performs mock exams…: Surely you already know which one works best for you and, if not, there is a lot of information on the internet about study techniques that best suit each person. Don’t be afraid to ask your teachers! They will know how to guide you, because they already know your abilities and methods of study, and they will be able to give you very useful opinion.
- Leisure and free time are necessary throughout the preparation: Do not think that you are going to get better grade by dedicating yourself in body and soul without rest to the preparation of the EvAU. Of course, the last stretches of study shouldn’t be used to waste time, but that doesn’t mean locking yourself in your room for days either. Get organized and find moments to clear yourself, take walks, stay with your friends … Remember: It’s an important test, but your health, mental and physical, are much more important.
- Take care of your state of health: sleep, eat well and exercise: As everyone knows, especially students who are preparing Latin, “mens sana in corpore sano”, that is, a healthy mind in a healthy body. Efforts to study will be of no use if you do not rest enough (minimum 8 hours!), exercise to activate the brain and eat health. Your body (and your parents) will thank you for it.
- No nerves, trust yourself and all the work you’ve done: Yes, it is possibly the advice you will hear the most times until the day of the exam… because it is the most useful! Nothing will bring you better test scores than the confidence and self-confidence of having done a good job. Face the test without fear, with security, trusting in the effort you have made during all these months and you will see how it is reflected in the results.